Minutes
2004
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
Annual Conference

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

OK-ACRL Board Meeting Minutes
2004

line

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries
February 13, 2004
OSU - Stillwater
Stillwater, OK

Minutes

Present:
Jason Dupree, President
Beth Reiten, Past President
Lauren Donaldson, Vice-President/President Elect
Steve Locy, Treasurer
Christina Biles, Board
Debbie Nelson, Board
David Oberhelman, COIL Chair

Jason Dupree called the meeting to order at 1:11.

Minutes: The group approved the non-existent January lunch minutes.

Introductions: Board members introduced themselves.

Treasurer's Report: Steve distributed copies of the Treasurerís Report for February, 2004. He noted that OK-ACRL has a balance of $4,865.35, approximately 100 dollars more than this time last year. Steve also explained the new corporate credit card for the benefit of new members. It was moved and seconded to accept the Treasurerís report. Motion passed.

Conference Report: The Board covered most of the feedback during lunch last month. The overall feedback was positive. The Board generated no suggestions for a new conference topic, although Debbie proposed that we look at the national group for ideas.

Newsletter: Nothing new to report.

OLA Conference: The Board discussed manning a booth on the exhibit floor at OLA. Steve Locy stated that he thought that the fee would be waived. [Note Ė Further investigation shows that the booth will be free.] Manning a booth can be done with a small time commitment by board members. The booth could provide OKACRL with an informational opportunity, as well provide a quick and easy way for members to update their contact information. Perhaps we should take pictures and make nametags? Display board Ė who we are, what we do, and maybe conference topics. Beth moved to table discussion, but the motion was not seconded. Steve offered to post a link to a 6.5 minute streaming video from ACRL which we could potentially set up on auto-repeat. Jason, who will be representing the OKACRL Board at a round table session, asked about brochures to hand out. Steve? volunteered to ask national for brochures and other trinkets. It was moved and seconded to table the OLA discussion until March.

NEW BUSINESS:

Change Meeting Times: Jason suggested that we consider moving the meeting time. After discussion, the Board agreed that the current time still worked well for their collective calendars.

Meeting times: Beth asked if Tuesdays or Wednesdays would work for meeting times. After a discussion, members decided that the second Friday afternoon of the month was still be the best time.

Beth brought up the idea of breaking the OKACRL archive into older materials in a stationary place and leaving the current materials as a traveling archive. The discussion was tabled for further thought.

COIL Report : David Oberhelman gave a description of the COIL workshop/clinic and the COIL organization. Board members talked about amending the by-laws to specifically mention COIL.

Listserv: Jason has set up an OKACRL Board listserv to ease online discussions. Invitations will be sent out to all board members after the meeting.

Additional Agenda Items: Beth brought up the possibility of creating a contact sheet with cell phone numbers, emails, etc for the board members. If you were not at the meeting, email Jason with contact information.

The next meeting will be at OSU-OKC on March 12 in the early morning to accommodate Jasonís traveling schedule. Time to be announced over email.

The meeting adjourned at 2:50.

Respectfully submitted, 5 March 2004.
Christina Biles for
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary.

 


Minutes 2004
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
Annual Conference

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

 

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries
March 12, 2004
OSU-Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City, OK

Minutes

Present:
Jason Dupree, President
Beth Reiten, Past President
Lauren Donaldson, Vice-President/President Elect
Douglas Amos, Board
Christina Biles, Board
Debbie Nelson, Board
David Oberhelman, COIL Chair

Jason Dupree called the meeting to order at 1:10 PM.

Minutes: The group approved the minutes from the 2-14-04 meeting.

Treasurerís Report: Steve Locy was unable to attend the meeting. In his place, Beth Reiten announced the current balance for OK-ARCL: $4,875.35

Newsletter: Christina is working on validating addresses for OK-ACRL members. She has valid e-mail addresses for three-quarters of the members. Christina will try to get the newsletter out over spring break.

OK-ACRL Listserv: Beth suggested posting National and local ACRL events to the listserv which will allow subscribers to keep up to date on ACRL news. Christina volunteered to moderate the listserv membership.

ACRL Documents: The group discussed archiving ACRL documents. Should the documents be housed in a permanent location or should we continue "passing the box" when new leadership takes over? Beth proposed housing the documents permanently in the Special Collections at the Edmon Low Library in Stillwater. If this option is chosen, OK-ACRL will need to decide which types of records to deposit, which to keep with current leadership and which to keep closed to the public (such as financial records.) Lauren agreed to contact Gwen Dobbs regarding guidelines for archiving ARCL documents. The group agreed to table this issue until the May OK-ACRL meeting.

OLA Conference: Each member will send to the listserv the time(s) that they can work at the exhibit.

Beth will borrow a display table with table skirt and laptop from OSU-Stillwater for the conference exhibit.

Christina will talk to Steve about obtaining national ACRL materials to bring to the conference. Steve will make nametags for ACRLers who are not attending the OLA Conference. Christina put forth a motion to donate $100 to OLA for free exhibit space. David seconded the motion.

ACRL Brochure for OLA Conference: Beth proposed producing the brochures for the conference at OSU-Stillwater ó the quality will be better and the brochures will cost less.

As for the brochure content, the following items will be included:

  • ACRL symbol
  • Generic info about members
  • Mission statement
  • ACRL Fall Conference
  • COIL blurb
  • URLs for Membership page, COIL, OK-ACRL website
  • Photos from previous ACRL conferences
  • Blurb about "semi-annual" newsletter
  • Listserv

COIL: David will evaluate the best way to change OK-ACRL bi-laws to include COIL as an interest group of OK-ACRL. He will present a rough draft of his findings at the May 2004 OK-ACRL meeting.

Fall Conference: Lauren (for Bonnie) suggested a possible topic for the Fall Conference; Development of Information. The speaker from the University of Arizona compares/contrasts writing centers with reference and help desks.

Jason suggests that members come to the May meeting with a topic for the Fall Conference.

The next OK-ACRL meeting will be held at 1 PM, April 9, 2004 at OSU-OKC.

The meeting adjourned at 2:45 PM.

Respectfully submitted, 22 March 2004.
Douglas Amos for
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary.

 


Minutes 2004
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
Annual Conference

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

 

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries
April 9, 2004
OSU-OKC
Oklahoma City, OK

Minutes

Present:
Jason Dupree, President
Lauren Donaldson, Vice-President/President Elect
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary
Douglas Amos, Board
Debbie Nelson, Board
David Oberhelman, COIL Chair

Jason called the meeting to order at 1:15 pm

Minutes: The group approved the minutes from the 3-12-04 meeting.

Treasurer's Report: Current balance $4,785.35 (reflects $100 donation to OLA) submitted by Steve Locy, Treasurer.

Newsletter: Christina has been ill so it is still forthcoming. Hope to have copies for the OLA booth.

Promotional Materials: Copy of the brochure was presented. It is in print and should be available for the OLA booth.

OLA Booth: OK-ACRL and national ACRL brochures will be available. List with names and times for the booth was presented. Only change was David who needed to leave earlier. Lauren will handle alone. Laptop will have video running. Beth will bring table, tablecloth, files to hotel. Lauren will take a picture of the booth.

Membership forms: Checks should be made to ACRL-Ok Chapter

Archives of OK-ACRL: minutes have been on the web pages since 1997/98 and are public records, financial records, concern about losing control if they are stored at OSU. OLA records are archived at OSU in Special Collections. David will get a copy of the OLA/OSU agreement.

COIL: David reported on a planned Conference/Workshop planned for August 6th to be held at OSU-Tulsa. Bibliographic Instruction Clinic would include constructive criticism and video taping of instruction session. Will probably be brown bag or potluck to cut down on costs. The second half of the workshop will focus on Information Literacy Standards implementation. A tentative meeting has been discussed for June at NSU-Broken Arrow for Allen McKiel to discuss the OCALD-Flash product. COIL meets the last Friday of the month with 1:00-3:00 the usual meeting time.

Next Meeting Agenda: Archives of OK-ACRL; Amending the Bylaws (COIL), and the Fall Conference. Each person should have a speaker idea with as much information as possible especially costs; timeframe should be Oct/Nov.

Next Meeting: May 14th meet at UCO in Edmond. Lauren will find a place for lunch.

Adjourned at 2:05 pm.

Respectfully submitted, May 5, 2004.
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary.

 


Minutes 2004
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
Annual Conference

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

 

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries
May 15, 2004
Chambers Library, UCO
Edmond, OK

Minutes

Present:
Jason Dupree, President
Steve Locy, Treasurer
Debbie Nelson, Board
David Oberhelman, COIL Chair
Kate Corbett, COIL Chair-elect
Gwen Dobbs, Guest

Jason Dupree called the meeting to order at 1:34 PM.

Minutes: No minutes were distributed from the previous meeting.

Treasurer's Report: Steve Locy distributed a treasurer's report. For the end of April there is a balance of $4,645.04

OLD BUSINESS:

OK-ACRL Archives: Gwen discussed her concern that we have no knowledge what retention decisions or access there will be to our archival material if given to OSU-Stillwater Special Collections Dept. (SCUA). Gwen expressed a desire to have the material stored but would like to have an idea what will be preserved or discarded and who will have access. Steve stated he had gone through most of the material and there are no personal id numbers retained. Steve said he will ask SCUA if they have a Donation Agreement that we can look at before proceeding with the transfer of archival material.

Conference Topic: Jason asked if anyone had done their homework for having a speaker/topic. There was discussion of having someone from the Univ. of Arizona Library where they have a flat management style for the library. Emphasis in managing this library is on the team approach. Discussion centered if this topic would be relevant for the smaller academic libraries since many librarians in these smaller libraries perform this multitasking that a team approach would also encompass. Jason said he would continue the discussion for speakers/topic via the List-serv.

Bylaws: David offered some suggestions on how to incorporate the COIL bylaws into the OK-ACRL bylaws. One idea is to add a section 5 under Article VII as Special Interest section which would list the COIL bylaws. David stated this is used by MPLA and OLA to incorporate the bylaws of their Special Interest groups. After further discussion David agreed to email everyone the URL's for the 2 groups' bylaws and see how their Special Interest group bylaws are treated.

David also mentioned the COIL summer meeting will be held on August 13 at OSU-Tulsa. The format will be a workshop, with 6 or so 20 minute BI's for different topics. Attendees will be able to offer feedback. Cecilia Brown will speak on effective BI strategies as well as evaluating assessment strategies.

Newsletter: Debbie has not heard from Christina concerning the newsletter, which is 2 months behind in distributing. Jason stated he will contact Christina.

New Business: Jason said that he met Mary Kirk, LTA-Serials and Acquisitions, LRC, at Rose State College who won an ACRL Spectrum Scholarship. [Note see: http://www.ala.org/ala/diversity/spectrum/spectrumscholarsb/spectrumscholarship.htm]

The next OK-ACRL meeting will be held at 1 PM, June 11, 2004. Place to be determined later.

The meeting adjourned at 2:21 PM.

Respectfully submitted, May 24, 2004.
Steve Locy for
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary.

 


Minutes 2004
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
Annual Conference

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

 

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries
June 18, 2004
Southwestern Oklahoma State University Library
Weatherford, OK

Minutes

Present:
Jason Dupree, President
Lauren Donaldson, Vice-President/President Elect
Steve Locy, Treasurer
Douglas Amos, Board
David Oberhelman, COIL Chair

Jason Dupree called the meeting to order at 1:15 PM.

Minutes: The group approved the minutes of the April 9th and the May 15th meetings.

Treasurer's Report: Steve Locy reported income from one new membership and a current balance of $4,655.04.

Newsletter: 80 copies of newsletter are being printed and should be mailed soon. There was also a discussion of the date and items to be included in the next newsletter (July). Information about the fall meeting and the advertising for the COIL BI-Clinic should be included. The Newsletter is published quarterly or 4 per year.

COIL: David reported on the COIL-BI Clinic which will be at OSU-Tulsa --food will be either potluck or sandwich platters. The next meeting will be in August before the Workshop.

There was a group discussion of adding COIL bylaws or NOT to OK-ACRL bylaws. The Mountain Plains Library Association Manual of Procedure Table of Contents page was used as an example for how to include Sections and Interest Groups. It was proposed that there would be a link from the OK-ACRL web page to the COIL web page where the COIL Bylaws are available. Motion was made, seconded, and approved.

OK-ACRL Archives: A copy of the Deed of Gift to the Oklahoma State University Library Special Collections and University Archives was reviewed by the group. A proposed change to the document Section 4. Disposition would be to delete the phrase at the end of the sentence "in accordance with its established procedures" to "forward to the current President of OK-ACRL if the organization exists." This change was proposed, seconded, and approved. Steve Locy agreed to see if this change would be acceptable to Oklahoma State University Special Collections and Archives before the next meeting.

Fall Conference
The handout of the six suggested programs was reviewed by the group.

DATES: Various dates were reviewed as to conflicts with OLA and other organizations and the group decided available possible program dates to be: October 15th; November 5th or 19th and is necessary December 3rd or 10th. December dates would be considered last --only if speaker couldn't make other dates.

PROGRAM: After group discussion of the various programs, a proposal to use "Being a Successful Librarian in the 21st Century" would include the concepts of professional development, continuing education, and possibly recruitment.

SPEAKERS: A proposal to invite Sarah Johnson (Eastern Illinois University) as the Keynote speaker for the Conference. A second choice would be Rachel Singer Gordon (Houston). David also agreed to discuss with Sarah Johnson her recommendation for another speaker on this or similar topic.

It was also suggested that an afternoon Panel Discussion with local librarians including faculty member from the OU SLIS program. Sharon Saulmon was also a suggested panel librarian because of work on the OLA Retention and Recruitment Committee. Another suggested panel librarian was someone to discuss alternative library careers - "police librarian" as the 3rd panelist.

The proposal to invite Sarah Johnson as the Keynote speaker was seconded and approved. David will contact and discuss program ideas with Sarah Johnson before the next meeting.

JOINT CONFERENCE SPONSORSHIP: It was suggested that once a speaker and program is decided, OK-SLA should be contacted to see if they are interested in joint sponsorship. Jason agreed to contact SLA.

PROGRAM SITE: Rose State Tom Steed Center was suggested as a possible location. The Steed Center has food setup and parking is usually not a problem on Fridays. Steve Locy agreed to check with Sharon Saulmon about availability, scheduling, and perhaps a visit to the Tom Steed Center for the next meeting.

New Business: Jason Dupree suggested that future meetings be held at UCO in Edmond. It was agreed. Lauren Donaldson will make lunch and meeting room arrangements for the July 9th meeting in Edmond.

The meeting adjourned at 2:50 PM.

Respectfully submitted, July 8, 2004.
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary.

 


Minutes 2004
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
Annual Conference

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

 

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries
July 16, 2004
University of Central Oklahoma
Edmond, OK

Minutes

Present:
Jason Dupree, President
Lauren Donaldson, Vice-President/President Elect
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary
David Oberhelman, COIL Chair

Jason Dupree called the meeting to order at 12:30 PM

Minutes: The group approved the minutes of the June 18th meeting.

Treasurer's Report: No report

Old Business: Tabled the OK-ACRL Archives Deed of Gift review until next meeting.

Newsletter: Jason will check with Beth and Christina on status of the July issue. Debbie has agreed to do a write up on the COIL Workshop for it. Jason will work on article on OU Spectrum Scholarship recipient Mary Kirk, a Library Technician at Rose State.

Conference Planning: November 19th is the date for the fall conference. Invited speakers will be Sarah Johnson, Librarian and Assistant Professor, Eastern Illinois University, and Priscilla Klob Shontz, Freelance Writer, Editor/Webmaster, LIScareer.com. The Conference theme is: Being a Successful Librarian in the 21st Century. The tentative schedule is: 8:30-9:00 Registration; 9:00-9:30 Business meeting; 9:30-10:30 First Speaker (speak 45 min/15 min questions); 10:30-11:00 Break; 11:00-12:00 Second Speaker; 12:00-1:30 Lunch; 1:30-2:30 First breakout session; 2:30-3:30 Second breakout session. Attendees will have 2 choices for each breakout session.

CONFERENCE BREAKOUT SESSIONS: 1) Continuing Education Theme (Sharon Saulmon and Danny); 2) Alternative Careers (Tom Rink and another SLA member); 3) Job Search and Resume Tips (Priscilla Klob Shontz); 4) Mentoring and Proactive Protégé (Sarah Johnson). Lauren will contact SLA for suggestion for 2nd alternative career librarian.

CONFERENCE SITE: Steed Center at Rose State is not available. Student Union at Rose State is available. Norman Public Library facilities were discussed. Jason will check on options. Norman location might attract SLIS students to conference.

SLA as a co-sponsor was discussed. Jason will contact SLA about sponsorship. Corporate Sponsors: Last year's sponsors included Kerr McGee; EBSCO; ProQuest; Mergent. We can put logs on website - links to their home page; logos and sponsorship on Conference program. Bonnie agreed to contact Corporate Sponsors for support.

New Business: Candidates for Executive Committee for next year. Positions open are for Vice President/President Elect; Treasurer; Secretary; Board Position (1).

Newsletter: Next Newsletter should go out late September/early October with information on Conference and with List of Candidates and Biographical information on each. New term starts January 1st. Must be a member of OK-ACRL to be elected. List of members from ACRL will be available soon. Lauren will work on candidates' list.

Next meeting will be August 20th, in Edmond.

Meeting adjourned at 2:19 PM

Respectfully submitted, August 18, 2004.
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary.

 


Minutes 2004
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
Annual Conference

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

 

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries
August 20, 2004
University of Central Oklahoma
Edmond, OK

Minutes

Present:
Jason Dupree, President
Lauren Donaldson, Vice-President/President Elect
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary

Jason Dupree called the meeting to order at 1:15 PM

Minutes: The group approved the minutes of the July 16th meeting.

Treasurer's Report: The group approved the Treasurer's Report, current balance $4,655.04

COIL Report: 45 attended the COIL Workshop on August 13th from 18 institutions with the workshop cost/income at a breakeven or within $50. Workshop feedback was good. A summary of responses is being compiled. The one day workshop was a good idea according to attendees. Several suggestions were made to have the OK-ACRL meeting in the Tulsa area in the future.

Newsletter: The newsletter was discussed and it was decided than an e-Newsletter would be developed and perhaps posted on the web site as well as sent out on the listserv. We need to get out a Newsletter with the Candidates biographical information and Conference details. It was suggested that a new board member could be asked to be responsible for the Newsletter and another new one for the Web site.

Conference Planning: November 19th is the date for the fall conference. Invited speakers will be Sarah Johnson, Librarian and Assistant Professor, Eastern Illinois University, and Priscilla Klob Shontz, Freelance Writer, Editor/Webmaster, LIScareer.com. The Conference theme is: Being a Successful Librarian in the 21st Century.

THE TENTATIVE SCHEDULE IS: 8:30-9:00 Registration; 9:00-9:30 Business meeting; 9:30-10:30 First Speaker (speak 45 min/15 min questions - Topic - How do you get it? Being a 21st Century Librarian); 10:30-11:00 Break; 11:00-12:00 Second Speaker - Topic How do you keep it? Diversifying your experience; 12:00-1:30 Lunch; 1:30-2:30 First breakout session; 2:30-3:30 Second breakout session. Attendees will have 2 choices for each breakout session.

TOPICS TO BE COVERED BY SPEAKERS INCLUDE: Involvement in professional organizations, its value; How do you develop a career plan; Defining career goals; Job searching techniques; Resume building tips; Values of attending conferences; Getting the most out of conferences and meetings or training sessions; Why network; Be a proactive protégé; The value of mentoring.

CONFERENCE BREAKOUT SESSIONS: 1) Library Education Theme (Sharon Saulmon and Danny Wallace); 2) Alternative Careers (Tom Rink (maybe) and another SLA member); 3) Job Search and Resume Tips (Sarah Johnson); 4) Mentoring and Proactive Protégé (Priscilla Klob Shontz). Lauren will contact SLA for suggestion for alternative career librarians.

CONFERENCE BUDGET was discussed but not yet developed depending on cost of conference site.

CONFERENCE SITE: OKCCC and Thurman J. White Conference Center which is used by the College of Continuing Education at OU are being considered. Jason will continue to contact them to determine if OK-ACRL can use their facilities and if there is a cost for us to use these facilities. Rose State Student Center is considered a backup option if needed.

SLA has agreed to co-sponsor the Conference.
CORPORATE SPONSORS: Last year's sponsors included Kerr McGee; EBSCO; ProQuest; Mergent. We can put logs on website - links to their home page; logos and sponsorship on Conference program. Bonnie has agreed to contact Corporate Sponsors for support.

Old Business: Candidates for Executive Committee for next year. Positions open are for Vice President/President Elect; Treasurer; Secretary; Board Position (2). Lauren is contacting members about serving. Send any recommendations to her.

Next Meeting: Conference site and Food arrangements to be discussed. Next meeting will be September 10th, in Edmond at UCO in room 211. Lunch will be at Pepperoni Grill at 11:30.

Meeting adjourned at 2:55 PM

Respectfully submitted, September 10, 2004.
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary.

 


Minutes 2004
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
Annual Conference

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

 

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries
September 10, 2004
University of Central Oklahoma
Edmond, OK

Minutes

Present:
Jason Dupree, President
Lauren Donaldson, Vice-President/President Elect
Steve Locy, Treasurer
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary
Debbie Nelson, Board
David Oberhelman, COIL Chair
Tom Rink, SLA President

Jason Dupree called the meeting to order at 1:20 PM.

Minutes: The group approved the minutes of the August 20th meeting.

Treasurer's Report: Steve Locy reported income from one new membership and a current balance of $4,641.64.

COIL: David reported on the August 13th Workshop. It was a good format using in-state librarians. October 1st meeting will be at Northeastern at Broken Arrow and Allen McKiel will present and discuss the online tutorials. In early December at a meeting at UCO, Deborah Thompson will discuss assessment of BI (Instruction evaluations). Kay Corbett will be the new chair in January.

Old Business: Tom Rink said SLA will cosponsor the Conference and that they have $6,000 in their budget. SWETS may be a sponsor.

Fall Conference Program: There was some discussion of the topics and speakers. Sarah Johnson will discuss Library career outlook, preparing for first job, the job market. Priscilla Shontz will discuss Jump starting your career, second careers, professional development. In the breakout sessions, Sarah will focus on "How to get the job?" Priscilla will focus on mentors, being proactive, career development. For the other breakout sessions, Sharon Saulmon and need someone from SLIS (Cecelia Brown and Rhonda Taylor were suggested). Tom Rink and Brad Robison will do the Alternative Careers session.

PROGRAM SITE: The Oklahoma Center for Continuing Education in Norman was discussed. It is a nice facility and they will work with us to provide services at a cost we can afford. They will provide break refreshments and lunch, can do copies/packets, make nametags, free plentiful parking is available. Hotel is adjacent to Center. Steve will provide cost for last year. Jason will be the contact for all Conference questions.

PUBLICITY: Jason is developing an e-newsletter. Send information to him. David will send a final COIL report on the August workshop. Tom Rink can send to SLA members and Tulsa Public Library system.

Elections: Lauren reported that she has at least one person for each position and two for most. She is getting biographical information from nominees. Since Doug resigned there are two board members to be elected.

Website: The website has not been updated since May. Steve Locy said for members to send information to him and he would update the web site.

New Business: Jason suggested that since Doug has resigned, that his Board position not be filled by appointment, but wait until someone is elected to fill the position.

The next meeting will be on October 8th at UCO. Lauren will provide information on lunch.

The meeting adjourned at 2:55 PM.

Respectfully submitted, October 8, 2004.
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary.

 


Minutes 2004
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
Annual Conference

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

 

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries
October 8, 2004
University of Central Oklahoma
Edmond, OK

Minutes

Present:
Jason Dupree, President
Lauren Donaldson, Vice-President/President Elect
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary
Debbie Nelson, Board
David Oberhelman, COIL Chair

Jason Dupree called the meeting to order at 1:15 PM.

Minutes: Minutes of the September 10, 2004 Meeting were approved with corrections.

Treasurer's Report: No report.

COIL: David reported on the COIL balloting would be online with MonkeySurvey.com. Results will be announced at the next meeting on December 17th. At the December 17th meeting, Deborah Thompson at UCO will demonstrate online evaluation statistics.

Old Business:
Election Ballots: Corrections were suggested to the Ballot and Biographies of the candidates. Lauren will correct and send to Steve to mail out the ballots the first of next week.

Fall Conference Program: The program announcement was reviewed and Jason will make changes and send out to list serves and mail out conference announcement to members. The ADA statement needs to be added. It will include a city of Norman map and the street address for the OU OCCE.

Lauren will pick up 4 $50.00 each gift certificates for the Oklahoma speakers. Jason will pick up gifts for the out of town speakers.

Registration will be conducted by OK-ACRL members. Steve Locy will be in charge of Registration.

A small block of hotel rooms with $51.00 conference special pricing will be reserved.

The Oklahoma center for Continuing Education will be used for media equipment and for packets for attendees.

New Business: A Spring Workshop was discussed. The topic of the program suggested was "How to get published or Present at Conferences". Suggested speakers included Cokie Anderson, Connie Van Fleet, Danny Wallace. Suggested a survey in the Conference package to find out level of interest.

The meeting adjourned at 3:55 PM. Next Meeting on November 12, 2004.

Respectfully submitted, 1 November 2004.
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary.

 


Minutes 2004
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
Annual Conference

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

 

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries November 12, 2004
Chambers Library, University of Central Oklahoma
Edmond, OK 73034

Attendees: Jason Dupree, President
Lauren Donaldson, Vice President/President Elect
Steve Locy, Treasurer
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary
David Oberhelman, COIL Chair
Debbie Nelson, Board Member

Jason Dupree called the meeting to order 1:06 pm

Minutes: Minutes of the October 8, 2004 meeting were approved.

Treasurer’s Report: Account balance as of Sept 1, 2004 was $4,641.64, Expenditures of 288.18, Income of $47.40 with a current balance as of October 31, 2004 of $4,400.86.
Current conference registrations received include 9 Library Science Students, 4 SLA members and 7 ACRL members.

Election Ballots: 87 Ballots were mailed and 32 have been received to date. Ballots will be available at the Conference as well as the Ballot Box.

COIL Report: Last meeting of the year will be December 3 at UCO. Online ballot was finalized and elections will be held in December. Kate Corbett will be the new Chair of COIL.

Conference Planning:
1. Reviewed Conference Announcement
2. Lauren has gift certificates $50 from Borders for local presenters
3. Jason will get gifts for out of state speakers.
4. Thursday night dinner will be at Cattleman's in Oklahoma City at 6:30. Jason, Lauren, David, Debbie attending with Pricilla and Sarah and her husband.
5. Friday night dinner will be in Norman - place to be determined by Sarah and her husband -list of choices to by provided by Debbie. David, Debbie, Sarah and her husband for dinner.
6. SLA officers may also attend dinners.
7. For the breakout sessions: David will introduce Sarah. Lauren will introduce Tom and Brad, Jason will introduce Priscilla. Bonnie will introduce Sharon and Rhonda.

Business report will include budget report and introduction of current officers and candidates for new election of officers. Ballots and ballot box will be provided by Lauren.

Jason will pick up Pricilla. Debbie will take her to airport at 1:30-2:00 – her flight, leaves at 4:00.
Jason will give gifts at 1:00 before breakout sessions. Officers will need to clean up afterwards. Lauren needs to get ballots. Programs should be completed by 3:15or so.

Lauren will be hotel contact for guests.

Old Business:
1. Jason will send in Chapter Report to ACRL due Dec 3. Executive Committee should consider E--newsletter next year. Jason will compile Conference evaluations.
2. January meeting will be on January 14th and consist of old and new officers’ luncheon meeting in Edmond coordinated by Lauren (11:30 at Lottinville’s Restaurant). Date was later revised because of date conflict with ALA Midwinter to January 21, 2005.

Minutes
Submitted January 21, 2005
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary

 


Minutes 2004
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
Annual Conference

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

 

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries

Annual Conference Business Meeting
November 19, 2004
Thurman J. White Forum Building University of Oklahoma Norman, Oklahoma

Attending: Conference attendees

Jason Dupree called the Business Meeting to order at 9:00 am

Jason introduced members of the Executive Committee and Candidates standing for election of new officers. David Oberhelman introduced speaker Sarah Johnson and Jason Dupree introduced speaker Priscilla Shontz. Jason also introduced afternoon breakout session panelists: Brad Robinson, Tom Rink, Sharon Saulmon and Rhonda Taylor.

Jason Dupree reminded attendees that information in their packets included the member survey, conference evaluation forms and information on the SLA workshop. Special coupons for discounts on the speakers' books were also available. After the general session and lunch, the attendees were asked to assemble for a group picture before the afternoon break out sessions.

Steve Locy gave the treasurer's report. The January 1, 2004 account balance was $5,814 and the October 31, 2004 balance is $4,401. Current OK-ACRL membership consists of 12 institutional members, 74 personal members with 23 new members and 6 members are state only members for a total of 92 members. Conference costs will be shared with SLA and final totals are not yet available.

Business meeting adjourned at 9:30 am.

Minutes Submitted January 21, 2005
Bonnie McNeely, Secretary

 


back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

 

Last Update: 20 March 2005
Comments to: jason.dupree@swosu.edu
URL http://okacrl.okstate.edu/minutes04.htm