Minutes
2010
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

OK-ACRL Board Meeting Minutes
2010

line

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries

January 15, 2010
Polycom

 

Minutes submitted by Emily Brown

Present: Casey Ashe, Dona Davidson, Sarah Clark, Amanda Lemon, Claire Powers, Kiem Ta, Robin Leech, Ona Britton, Emily Brown.

1. Call to Order

a. Robin Leech called the meeting to order at 2:03pm.

2. Minutes

a. There were no minutes recorded at the last meeting at Pops

a. Minutes will be posted online prior to the next OKACRL Board Meeting, and a link sent to all members.

b. Jason Cimock will send last years minutes to Jason Dupree, who will post them.

c. Jason Dupree will continue to post minutes.

3. Fall 2009 Conference

a. Positive feedback from 2009 participants

b. Possible changes or things to ponder:

i. Longer poster session

ii. Catered lunch as opposed to dine-around

iii. 45 minute break out sessions lead by OKACRL sub-groups COIL, DSIG, and PASIG.

c. Possible Topic

i. Web 2.0 Technology

ii. Transition from high school to college

iii. Non tradition students

d. Possible Location

i. Tom Steeds Center, Rose State College

ii. Okmulgee

1. 2011?

iii. SWOSU

iv. ENID

e. Possible Date

i. November 5th or 12th 2010

f. Possible Speakers

i. Lisa Hinchliffe

ii. Susan Gibbons

iii. Melanie Hawks

4. Webpage

a. Jason Dupree is still in charge of the webpage.

5. PASIG

a. Report will be given in February

6. COIL

a. Sarah Clark is Chair of COIL as of December.

b. 2010 Goals for COIL:

i. Increase presence on the social web

1. Twitter

2. Facebook

3. COIL Ning

ii. Guide to Information Literacy Assessment

1. Online guide to best practices

iii. COIL on Wheels

1. Aim for 3 CoW events in 2010

c. Hand Held Librarian II

i. Toni Heberecht, Amanda Lemon, and Emily Brown will represent COIL at this online conference.

d. Proposal

i. COIL summer workshop should be held jointly with OLA/UCD

1. Possible Topics:

a. Library instruction for freshman

b. Library instruction for non-traditional students

2. Possible Benefits

a. Build a bridge with OLA

3. Possible Drawbacks:

a. Complicated logistical problems

b. Desired low cost of registration

c. COIL workshop prestige

d. Topic is more conference than workshop

4. As it stands:

a. Sarah will bring the proposal to COIL via email

b. COIL meeting in late February

c. OLA/UCD meets in March

d. Sarah will have a response by February 12th, the next OKACRL Board Meeting.

7. Treasurers Report

a. OKACRL statement reflects the amount of $5,588.78

b. OKACRL is still awaiting PO payment for fall conference

8. New Business

a. DSIG

i. Casey Ashe would like to reinvigorate DSIG

1. High interest in the topic of digital services

ii. Goals for 2010 DSIG

1. Create a presence on the social web, likely Ning.

a. Move away from CollectiveX

2. Meet entirely online except for one face-to-face meeting per year.

a. Try different meeting software

i. 2nd Life

ii. Skype

3. Elect officers

4. Author DSIG by-laws

iii. Robin Leech suggested that Casey Ashe be the Chair of DSIG

1. Agreed

iv. Robin Leech suggested that Casey Ashe spend 2010 getting DSIG up and running, and hold elections in 2011.

1. Agreed

9. Online Elections

a. OKACRL By-laws have been rewritten in order to accomodate online voting for OKACRL officers.

b. OSU utility servers will host the elections

10. Old Business

a. Donna Davidson will post conference pictures to Animoto and Microsoft Movie.

b. David Oberhelman and Robin Leech assured that OKACRL would have a table at OLA.

i. We will give away another free conference attendance ticket.

11. Next Meeting

a. February 12th

12. Adjourn

a. Robin Leech adjourned the meeting at 3:19pm

 

 


Minutes
2010
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries

February 12, 2010
Polycom

 

Minutes submitted by Emily Brown

Present: Beth Jones, Dona Davidson, Kiem Ta, Robin Leech, Emily Brown, Laura Teske, Toni Hoberecht.

1. Call to Order

a. Robin Leech called the meeting to order at 2:05pm.

2. Minutes

a. Thanks to Jason for posting all of the 2009 minutes and the 2010 January Minutes.

b. All minutes will be sent directly to Jason to be posted online.

3. Fall 2009 Conference

a. Theme discussion

i. Assessment and Information Literacy?

1. Undergraduate Information Literacy - this will dove tail nicely with the interests of the ACRL President, Lisa Hinchliffe

2. It's reported that the directors of several small colleges in the state are currently interested in the level of information literacy had by incoming freshen.

3. This topic will appeal to community colleges as well as traditional four year schools.

ii. Non-traditional Students?

b. Sub Groups of OKACRL:

i. One hour mini break-out sessions by each group?

ii. Advertising tables during Poster Session?

iii. Encourage sub groups to create posters to present.

iv. Encourage sub groups to bring paraphernalia (buttons, magnets, etc)

v. Have Poster Session time also be snack time, to encourage mingling

c. Speakers

i. Susan Gibbons

ii. ACRL President Lisa Hinchliffe

d. Discussion of tentative plan of events:

i. Two speakers, lunch, poster session/sub-group tables

ii. Speaker, poster session/subgroup tables, lunch, Speaker

e. Free Conference Admission

i. We will do this again this year, as it was successful last year.

f. SLA Co-Sponsor?

i. Questions

1. This was tried last year, but it didn't work out.

2. Would SLA be interested in the topic of undergraduate information literacy and assessment?

3. How will the profits be split up?

ii. Decisions

1. A formula similar to OLA/MPLA compromise would be used.

2. Kiem will speak to SLA to gauge interest.

3. Proposal to make this SLA co-sponsor a long-term endeavor beginning this year and cumulating in a 2011 co-sponsored conference.

a. Robin Leech will speak to the future presidents of OKACRL and SLA.

4. Online Elections

a. "Live Survey" will be used to host the next OKACRL elections online.

i. MPLA uses this service successfully

ii. Each voter receives a dedicated URL in a message

iii. Live Survey detects if you haven't voted by the closing date and sends reminders.

iv. Voters can only vote once.

5. Webpage

a. Casey Ashe suggested spending $50/year to have our website hosted.

b. OSU will host our elections and site.

6. Treasurers Reports

a. $5,499.79 reported.

7. SLA Conferences available

a. Copyright Workshop

i. April 23rd, UCO $100 SLA members, $110 non SLA members

b. Hands on 2.0 workshop

i. February 26th, OU. Free. Speaker: Juliana Nykolaiszyn.

8. PASIG

a. Met in January

b. Beth Jones is Chair

c. Nominees for leadership positions in PASIG

i. Jenny Rempel Chair Elect

ii. Joyce Peterson Secretary

d. OLA Dine-Around

i. Advertised/Sign Ups at OKACRL conference.

e. Mini-Conference

i. June 10th, OU 9:30am - 12pm

ii. Course Reserves, Text Book Reserves, Fines, Holds as topics.

f. Moved from Air-Set to Yahoo!Groups

g. Will meet online next month.

9. COIL

a. Nothing to report

10. DSIG (as Reported by Robin Leech for Casey Ashe)

a. Adam Brennan

i. Will provide tech assistance and support the organization.

b. Ning

i. The group will move to Ning from Collective-X

ii. An announcement about the move will be made to members of Collective-X and the Yahoo! OKACRL List-Serv

c. Casey Ashe plans to send out a request for meeting topics.

d. Proposed moving to One Net as a state entity for list-serv needs, as state entities are hosted for free.

11. Old Business

a. Laura Teske has given the Flickr password to Robin Leech

b. Donna Davidson will post pictures soon.

12. New Business

a. Nothing to report

13. Next Meetings

a. March 12th, 2pm Polycom

b. April 9th, 2pm OKC area, Face-to-Face

c. September, Face-to-face

14. Adjourn

a. Robin Leech adjourned the meeting at 2:58pm

 

 


Minutes
2010
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries

March 12, 2010
Polycom

 

Minutes submitted by Emily Brown

Present: Beth Jones, Amanda Lemon, Sarah Clark, Claire Powers, Emily Brown, Donna Davidson, David Oberhelman, Robin Leech, Keim Ta, Ona Briton, Toni Hoberecht.

1. Call to Order

a. Robin Leech called the meeting to order at 2:05pm.

2. Minutes

a. January Minutes were tentatively approved.

b. February Minutes are up on the web for comment.

3. OLA

a. OKACRL Table

i. Hours: Tuesday, 9am-4pm, Wednesday 9am-3pm

ii. Volunteering

1. Jason Dupree and Jason Oberhelman will volunteer.

2. Robin Leech will send out an email soliciting more volunteers.

3. A Google Sign-Up Spreadsheet will be created and shared.

iii. Free Conference Registration

1. Donna Davidson will arrange the free registration.

2. Ona Britton will make sure the table has the ballot box.

iv. Literature and Handouts

1. OKACRL will be represented

2. COIL, PASIG, and DSIG will be represented when possible.

3. Robin Leech will make sure the OKACRL blue ribbons are available for members.

v. Poster

1. Robin Leech will get a new tri-fold poster for display behind the table.

2. Toni Hoberecht's ideas will be incorporated into the poster.

3. Toni Hoberecht will send Robin Leech last year's poster design.

4. Virtual Meeting Software

a. Desires

i. Free or Low Cost meeting option

ii. Software could be used by all OKACRL groups and subgroups

iii. Low Annual Fee

iv. One year commitment

v. Web based software

b. Next steps

i. Toni Hoberecht will research and report on the software options available.

ii. OKACRL may be willing to purchase a reasonable software license.

iii. David Oberhelman will consult the archives on the ALA instruction section for discussion on the topic.

5. Treasurers Reports

a. $5,499.79 reported.

i. $150 in state membership fees will be processed soon.

6. Emails

a. The OKACRL board needs a current list of member emails.

i. Ona Britton has a recent list, which she will provide to the board.

ii. Jason Dupree currently monitors the list serv and will have access to those addresses subscribed there.

iii. Kiem Ta puts information onto a spread sheet when people join the group through the state membership.

iv. The OKACRL Board will consider purchasing a $25 list from ALA/ACRL that identifies Oklahoma members of each chapter.

7. OKACRL Fall Conference

a. Speaker

i. Susan Gibbons is booked.

1. Susan has a place to say, and will not charge a fee.

a. OKACRL will offer a honorarium of $200-$250.

b. OKACRL will pay for meals.

c. ACRL will pay for transportation.

b. Location

i. The Rose State Technology Building is booked.

c. Title of the Conference

i. Possibilities:

1. Return on Assessment = Incoming Freshmen + Literacy

2. Instruction + Assessment = Success

d. Expand Interest

i. Make the conference interesting to Tech Services Librarians?

ii. Assessment as it relates to cataloging?

iii. Beth Jones recalls an excellent speaker who touched on both cataloging and reference. Beth will consult her notes for a name.

iv. Free Open Source Assessment? A free Project SAILS?

8. PASIG

a. Met on 11 March 2010

b. Mini Conference

i. PASIG will have a registration signup sheet at the OKACRL booth at OLA for the mini-conference PASIG will hold, as well as a dine around that evening.

ii. We will have three speakers: Lynn, Beth Jones, and Janet Croft

iii. No charge for attendance

iv. Donations accepted

c. Jenny Rempel has been confirmed Chair Elect

d. Joyce Peterson has been confirmed Secretary

9. COIL

a. Handheld Librarian

i. Emily Brown, Toni Hoberecht, and Amada Lemon presented successfully.

b. COIL on Wheels write up

i. Emily Brown and Toni Hoberecht have been asked to write a short guest article about COIL on Wheels for Medical Reference Services Quarterly.

c. Summer Workshop

i. Location

1. Stillwater Public Library

ii. Date

1. July 30th, 2010

iii. Topic

1. Distance Learning

10. Old Business

a. Donna Davidson has gotten pictures onto Animoto and will make corrections and resubmit them to the group.

11. New Business

a. Laura Teske and family welcomed Viktor Teske into the world.

b. SLA would like to meet with OKACRL in August or October.

12. Next Meetings

a. April 9th, Polycom

b. The May meeting will be canceled.

13. Adjourn

a. Robin Leech adjourned the meeting at 3:07pm

 

Minutes
2010
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries

April 9, 2010

Minutes submitted by Emily Brown

Present: Beth Jones, Amanda Lemon, Sarah Clark, Claire Powers, Emily Brown, Donna Davidson, David Oberhelman, Robin Leech, Keim Ta, Ona Briton, Toni Hoberecht.

1. Call to Order

a. Robin Leech called the meeting to order at 1:29pm

2. Minutes

a. March minutes have been approved.

3. OLA

a. OKACRL Table

i. Volunteering

1. Google Spread Sheet to sign up for manning the table.

2. Robin will send the link out before OLA to solicit more volunteers.

ii. Free Conference Registration

1. Donna created sign up forms for the Free Conference Registration.

iii. Literature and Handouts

1. OKACRL, COIL, PASIG all represented.

iv. Poster

1. The poster is read to print.

2. OKACRL approves the poster.

4. Virtual Meeting Software

i. Dim Dim

1. OKACRL Evaluations

2. Toni has posted a spread sheet for OKACRL response.

ii. Other Options

1. Yugma

5. Treasurers Reports

a. $5,649.79 reported.

i. $150 in state membership fees deposited.

6. Blog

a. Should OKACRL keep the blog?

i. Blog could be hosted on OKACRL site.

ii. Resurrect a newsletter?

iii. Facebook- create a OKACRL presence on Facebook?

1. Decision will be made in May

2. Claire will build the Facebook page.

iv. Blog will move to Wordpress,

v. Jason Cimock and Jason Dupree will work to mirror the blog on the OKACRL website.

vi. David Oberhelman will have the blog deleted from the OSU Server.

7. OKACRL Fall Conference

a. Speaker

i. Susan Gibbons

1. Will come with Lisa Hinchliffee

2. Lisa and Susan will work together to present on a complimentary idea.

ii. Honoraruim

1. $250-300

iii. Airfare/Hotel/Per Diem

1. OKACRL Covers (Airline: reimburse)

b. LIS Students

i. Break-out sessions for 15 sponsored students.

ii. 2 students will be mentored by each board member

iii. 2 Year program

iv. Robin will investigate the proposed program

8. PASIG

a. No Update

9. COIL

a. Summer Workshop

i. Location

1. Stillwater Public Library

ii. Date

2. July 30th, 2010

iii. Topic

3. Distance Learning

b. Next Meeting

10. Old Business

a. Kiem Ta will send the names and email addresses of those who register for OKACRL to the keepers of the list-serv

11. Next Meetings

a. May 14th, 2010

b. Yugma?

12. Adjourn

a. Robin Leech adjourned the meeting at 2:52pm

 

 


Minutes
2010
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries

June 11, 2010

Minutes submitted by Emily Brown

Present: Dona Davidson, Toni Hoberecht, Robin Leech, Ona Britton, Casey Ashe, Kiem Ta, Emily Brown.

1. Call to Order

a. Robin Leech called the meeting to order at 2:03pm on Yugma.

2. Minutes

a. April minutes have been approved.

3. OLA

a. How did OKACRL @ OLA go?

i. The OKACRL table was out of the way and inaccessible.

ii. The booth was cramped and small.

b. Next OLA?

i. The Marriot in Tulsa.

1. OLA 2011 will conflict with ACRL National to be held in Philadelphia.

c. Free Conference Registration

i. Student Yao Chen winner.

4. Electronic Voting

a. The OKACRL board will hold a practice election using Lime Survey.

5. Treasurers Reports

a. $5,939.79 reported.

6. OKACRL Fall Conference

i. Conference Title Finalization

1. "Info lit + Assessment = Student Success"

ii. Rhonda Taylor

1. Idea: mentors/students get time with Susan Gibbons during lunch?

2. Robin will talk to Rhonda about the student interaction at OKACRL.

7. DSIG

a. Ning

i. DSIG has decided not to request funds for NING, but will be moving their social network to the grou.ps platform.

ii. OKACRL will look at potential sites for social networking, but it is desirable for all sub-OKACRL groups to have the same platform.

8. PASIG: Jenny Rempel provided PASIG update

a. Mini Conference Statistics

i. 22 People Attended

ii. 4 Facilitators

iii. 3 Speakers

1. Janette Croft

2. Beth Jones

3. Lynn Wallace

b. General Information

i. Mini Conference went well

ii. Attendees came from Panhandle University and Durant.

c. Cost

i. The conference had no fee

ii. Parking was free

iii. Beth Jones provided snacks, OKACRL Board has offered to compensate.

9. COIL: Emily Brown provided COIL update

a. 2006/2007 Survey has been tallied.

i. Toni Hoberecht and Amanda Lemon will provide insight into future surveys due to what they learned tallying this specific survey.

b. Summer Workshop

i. Location

1. Stillwater Public Library

ii. Date

1. July 30th, 2010

iii. Topic

1. Distance Learning

iv. Budget

1. $300

v. Admission

1. $15

c. Social Network

i. For unCOILed 2010, Spruz was chosen as a platform.

ii. COIL will consider Grou.ps for future business, so that all OKACRL groups (DSIG, COIL) that use social networking can use similar platforms.

10. Old Business

a. Next meeting should be face-to-face. July 9th

i. Joint SLA/OKACRL board meeting.

ii. Possible joint November 2011 conference

11. New Business

a. Positions Available on the OKACRL Board

i. 2 Board members

ii. Secretary

iii. Treasurer

b. COIL/PASIG/DSIG need to propose candidates

c. Paraphernalia

i. Buttons/magnets? COIL/PASIG/DSIG orders need to be arranged.

12. Next Meetings

a. July 9, Face-to-face, Edmond

13. Adjourn

a. Robin Leech adjourned the meeting at 3:12pm

 

 


Minutes
2010
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries

July 9, 2010

Attendees: James Bierman, Ona Britton, Kevin Drees, Dona Davidson, Betsy Matrens, Robin Leech, Clair Powers, Toni Hoberecht, Sarah Clark, Tom Rink, Emily Brown, Beth Jones, Susan Hahn, and Amanda Lemon.

Call to order: 12:44pm

Minutes: Needed Correction to the June Minutes: Yugma was used as a online meeting venue, not Dim Dim as reported. Secretary will resubmit. Approved.

No Current Treasury Report. $5,939.79 current amount.

OKACRL Conference

1. Theme: info lit + assessment = student success

2. Friday, November 5th, Steeds Center at Rose State College

3. Lisa Hinchciff, speaker.

4. Susan Gibbons, speaker.

5. Rhonda Taylor: Library Science students -

a. we will have many students attendees.

b. Student Mentorship Program

a. Request for OKACRL member mentorship on the registration to the Fall Conference.

b. Mentorship could possible last two years.

c. Create a mentorship application?

1. The librarian will fill out information and the students could choose who they wanted to work with.

d. Guidelines to mentorship?

e. Are there other mentorship programs?

1. Toni will investigate other mentorship programs.

f. Breakfast: we could hold a meeting during the morning, to meet and greet the students.

g. Students will get a discount of some sort to the conference. 8am. Coffee and snacks will be provided.

h. Lunch: should we do lunches with each of the interest groups? The dine-around can be hosted by members of these groups. Sign up for different lunches. Arrange lunch before the conference.

i. Maybe in the future we will connect first time conference attendees with mentors? Perhaps name tag indentifying them as new.

PASIG:

1. Membership

a. New members have joined since the mini conference.

2. Mini Conference Evaluations were all extremely positive.

3. The list-serv participation has risen as well.

4. September round table involving free services that different access services are using.

DSIG:

1. Robin Leech reporting for Casey Ashe.

2. . Dsig has moved to grou.ps successfully.

3. Casey wants to set up a meeting on second life, probably before the summer is over.

COIL:

1. Workshop July 30th Stillwater public library.

2. Library learning for distance learners.

3. Almost 30 registrants, hoping for more.

4. Nuts and bolts of getting students involved and interested.

5. Registration is still open.

6. Officers for 2011 will be announced as well as further ballot additions if possible.

7. We are on Spruz, @coilok and on Facebook.

Online Meeting

1. Online meetings:

a. OKACRL has tried Dim Dim and Yugma.

i. Both sites have been similar, worked pretty well.

ii. Dim dim is all online, Yugma needed to be downloaded.

iii. We will try Vyew next, and even though we have tried it before, Toni is pretty sure that there have been some decent upgrades.

iv. Possible VOIP through the browser.

OKACRL Leadership 2011

1. Amanda Lemon announced candidates for open 2011 OKACRL leadership positions:

a. Board member Wei fen. Helen Clements, Ona Britton.

b. Treasurer: Beth Jones, Dona Davidson.

c. Sectary: Toni Hoberecht Tony Viaza.

d. President elect: Jason Cimock.

Next meeting will be August 13th, Friday, online on Vyew.

Electronic voting:

1. Test will possibly occur in July.

Joint Meeting

SLA meets 4-6 times per year.

Discussion:

What are we interested in working on for our joint conference in 201?. Fees from the conferences will be evenly divided according to participant attendance. In the past there has been corporate sponsorship. What about splitting everything down the middle. Ebsco, Elsivir, Proquest were sponsors during a past joint SLA conference in the past. Do we have contacts with potential businesses to sponsor our conference. Know what you will ask for, have the exact dollar amount. For instance. Please sponsor lunch for this much money.

Theme? Jim (James) Kane. Leadership and loyalty. Clever presentation, spoke about how to rally loyalty in the library world. Excellent speaker. Very pricy. 2.0 Juliana Nicholasian spoke about emerging technology and web 2.0. No speaker fee.

Speed dating for technology. Lap tops, handouts, etc. 7 minutes to present poster. Post session panel. "Gifts." lightening presentations.

Robert Sternberg provost of OSU as a possible speaker. Interested in libraries, experienced sociologist.

Theme: collaboration and cooperation as a theme. Technology and collaboration. Leadership and technology? How to lead in the new millennium? Tough times, etc. Leading the future leaders.

We're in agreement to carry this out.

August 4-5 KPM symposium. 2 days. 200$ post July 15th knowledge and project management symposium. Jim oneal from NASA will be speaking.

Other new business?

Next meetings
August 13
September 10
October 15????? Check your calendars to make sure this date is okay.

Toni will set up august meeting on Vyew.

Adjourn 2:15pm

 

 


Minutes
2010
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries

August 13, 2010

Minutes submitted by Emily Brown

Present: Beth Jones, Sarah Clark, Claire Powers, Emily Brown, Robin Leech, Keim Ta, Ona Britton, Toni Hoberecht.

1. Call to Order

a. Robin Leech called the meeting to order at 2:03pm on Vyew.

2. Minutes

a. July's minutes have not been posted to the OKACRL website. The minutes were submitted on July 24th.

b. Approval pending, awaiting posting.

3. Thank you!

a. Thank you to Toni Hoberecht for compiling the Mentor Bibliography as well as setting up the online meeting space on Vyew.

b. Thank you to Sarah Clark for coordinating the successfully 2010 COIL summer workshop.

i. Sarah Clark thanks COIL for contributing to the success of the workshop.

4. Treasurers Reports

a. $6,059.79 reported.

5. PASIG

a. Next meeting: 9 September 2010.

i. Topic: Free Online Tools

b. No Report

6. DSIG

a. No Report

7. COIL

a. The workshop was a success

i. 37 Attendees

ii. 17 Survey responses, all positive.

1. Sarah will provide the Board with a spreadsheet of the survey responses once they have been compiled.

iii. The next COIL meeting will be located at OU-Tulsa in Mid-September.

8. Online Test Ballot

a. The Test Ballot was generally successful.

i. Problems

1. People will be able to vote twice, but the Board decided that the probability of double-voting is low and has always been a risk.

ii. Successes

1. The link was easy to use, and the ballot was clear.

iii. Suggestions?

1. List candidate information on the ballot.

b. Survey Monkey

i. Should OKACRL purchase Survey Monkey?

1. OKACRL will consider purchase if no suitable free service is found.

c. Other Services?

i. Survs.Com

d. 2nd Test Ballot will be conducted on Survs within the next month.

9. OKACRL Fall Conference

a. Karen Neurohr

i. What does the Board think of joining with The OCALD Assessment committee for the fall conference?

1. OCALD does not want any money from the proceedings.

ii. Possibilities for OCALD

1. Participate as part of the "speed dating" section of the conference.'

2. Participate as part of a panel during the end of the conference, a session that will replace the Poster Sessions.

b. Table Talks

i. Robin's Vision

1. 6 Tables

2. 6 Speakers

3. 1 Topic Each

4. 8 minutes to speak

5. Speakers rotate to each table when bell signifies end of 8 minutes.

c. OCALD Table Talk

i. Rough Draft of Table Talk

1. 1 Table

2. Members of panel seated at the table

3. 1 Speaker at a time

4. 8 minutes to speak

5. Time for questions

d. Agenda

i. The agenda will be finalized in the coming weeks.

e. Discussion

i. How much time do speakers receive for their session?

ii. Do we want to have a digital poster session?

iii. We will make a call for panel participants beyond the OCALD Assessment Committee.

iv. Do we want to use Jump Drives for conference documents?

v. Should we try to match mentors with mentees by personality?

10. Next Meeting

a. September 10th

b. Conference Site (Rose State College)

c. We will also meet on October 1st.

11. Adjourn

a. Robin Leech adjourned the meeting at 3:22 pm.

 

 


Minutes
2010
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries

September 10, 2010

Minutes submitted by Emily Brown and Ona Britton.

Present: Beth Jones, Sarah Clark, Emily Brown, Robin Leech, Kiem Ta, Ona Britton, Toni Hoberecht, Amanda Lemon, David Oberhelmen.

Note: Ona Britton recorded the minutes until Emily Brown arrived.

1. Call to Order

a. Robin Leech called the meeting to order.

2. Minutes

a. OKACRL needs to ensure the July and August minutes have been posted to the webpage prior to approval.

3. Tour of Fall Conference Location

a. Board members toured the Rose State Facility. Catering options were discussed.

4. Treasurers Reports

a. $6,335.60 reported.

b. Rise in capital due to stipend discussed below.

5. ACRL National Stipend

a. OKACRL received $91.00 from ACRL, a stipend each state chapter receives to represent their member base. OKACRL received $91.00 because we have 91 members.

i. Money from ACRL is to be spent on activities supporting approved educational goals.

ii. Goods cannot be purchased with money from ACRL unless they are approved.

b. Has OKACRL ever received this stipend before?

i. Ona Britton reported never received stipend.

ii. Board will contact past presidents to ascertain if the stipend has ever been received.

6. PASIG

a. Met 9 September 2010

i. One Candidate for each leadership position

ii. PASIG would like to hold elections along with OKACRL and COIL.

b. OKACRL Participation

i. Student Training as topic driven PASIG lunch?

ii. Poster Session?

7. DSIG

a. No Report

b. Next Meeting TBA. Possibly on Second Life.

8. COIL

a. Has not met since the summer workshop.

b. Next meeting will be on September 24th at 4pm on DimDim.

c. Official 2011 officer ballot will be announced.

9. Electronic Voting

a. Survey Monkey

i. There have been some minor Problems with Survey Monkey

1. Not able to attach full descriptions of candidates into Survey Monkey.

ii. Toni Hoberecht has access to a service called QualTrix through OU Tulsa. She will see if the software would be available for OKACRL usage.

iii. Grou.ps might also be an option. Robin will talk to Casey.

10. Elections

a. There will be a deadline for election nominations.

b. Jason Cimock is running unopposed for the position of President of OKACRL. Amanda Lemon will look for other candidates.

11. OKACRL Fall Conference

a. Flyer

i. Robin Leech presented the flyer and some changes were recommended.

1. Add date of conference

2. Add agenda

3. Change color scheme slightly

b. Hotel

i. No hotel booked yet, but Robin Leech will reserve 10 rooms.

c. Food

i. OKC locals will recommend places to eat on the eve of the conference.

d. Transportation to/from airport

i. Toni Hoberecht volunteered to pick the speaker up from the airport.

ii. A volunteer is still needed to drop the speakers off when the conference is over.

e. Agenda

i. The agenda will be finalized soon.

f. Tentative schedule

i. Registration

ii. Business Meeting

1. Election Information

2. Mentoring program

3. Welcome (students, OCALD)

iii. Break

iv. Lisa will speak

v. Break

vi. Susan will speak

vii. Lunch

viii. Sub-group discussions

ix. Lightening Rounds

g. Conference evaluation form

i. Ona Britton will provide Robin Leech with what has been used in the past.

h. Items needed

i. Folders

1. We will ask if Rose State would like to donate folders

ii. Pencils

1. OCCC may donate pencils

iii. Subgroup handouts?

12. Mentorship Program

a. Flyers have been created, Amanda Lemon will contact Rhonda to see if they're acceptable for distribution.

b. OKACRL and mentoring

i. Students can eat lunch with their mentor

ii. Mingle with mentee in the morning

iii. Contact student once a month.

13. Next Meeting

a. October 1st

b. OU Tulsa? Or Rose State?

14. Adjourn

a. Robin Leech adjourned the meeting at 3:28pm.

 

 


Minutes
2010
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries

October ??, 2010

 

 

 


Minutes
2010
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Minutes Home

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

line

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries

Annual Conference Business Meeting
November ??, 2010

 

 

 


Minutes
2010
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Minutes Home

line

Oklahoma Chapter - Association of College and Research Libraries

December 10, 2010

[Minutes submitted by Emily Brown.]

[Present: Emily Brown, Robin Leech, Jenny Remple, Beth Jones, Ona Britton, Jason Cimock, Victor (?), Kiem Ta, David Oberhelman, Casey Ashe, Adam Brennan, Laura Teske and Viktor]*not listed in minutes but accompanying email instead

Call to Order: 12:29pm

Conference Evaluations

  • Lightening Talks split positive and negative responses roughly 50/50
  • The biggest draw was the big-name speakers
  • Break-out groups split between positive and negative
    • Need more structure, less lecture
  • Majority responded positively to future catering
  • Topics
    • Library Marketing
    • Online Presence
    • Assessment
    • Innovative instruction methods
    • Public Speaking

OKACRL 2011 Plans

Amanda's plans were discussed as she laid them out in an email, being unable to attend.

[inserting information from Amanda's email and Google Doc outlining goals for OK-ACRL in 2011]

Joint Conference with SLA

-Technology and loyalty (theme)

Membership

- OK-ACRL satisfaction survey (where do we need to improve)

- OK-ACRL Librarian of the year award

- More "forceful" about dues?

Meeting flexibility

- Online meeting formats (Toni H.)

- More online meetings; less in-person (meet in person 4x a year? Less? More?)

- Proposed Meeting dates
(if online could we meet during lunch 12:30 to 1:30pm? Brownbag the meeting.)

Friday, January 14th
Friday, February 11th
Friday, March 11th
Friday, April 8th
Friday, May 13th
Friday, June 10th
Friday, July 8th
Friday, August 12th
Friday, September 9th
Friday, October 14th
November conference date TBA
Friday, December 9th

More online registration/pay services:

- Membership form and dues

- Conference registration and payment

More advocacy

- OU SLIS Mentorship program

- Other ideas?

More transparency

- Rewrite/revisit bylaws - Do they align with our commitment for "transparency"

- Centralized website (similar to OLA) in which ALL OK-ACRL group content is available in a single shot i.e. calendar, registration for conferences, etc.

- Group contact--listserv (new system?)

Member(s) duties (outside Board duties):

- Social Media person(s)

- Website person(s)

- Website redesign subcommittee

- Marketing person(s) -- newsletter, fliers, etc.

Marketing:

- Newsletter--Published online with http://issuu.com/ (will also send PDF copy to listserv)

- Allow state institutions to market what they're doing, bring together all subgroup news (4x a year?)

- January issue as of Saturday, December 11th

Mentor Program

  • Program going well.
  • Mentors coordinating on their own.
  • Several have met with their counterpart, and plan more meetings (some at national conferences).
  • Questions
    • Will there be a new mentor/mentee each year?
    • How long is the relationship?

Librarian Award

  • A unique award was discussed.
  • Group decided to wait for new leadership to make recommendations.
  • Should there be a monetary gift?

Website

  • OKACRL needs to locate a new server.

Robin Leech

  • Great job, Robin!

SLA Topic

  • Leadership

Adjourn 1:03pm

 

back Return to OK-ACRL homepage

 

Last Update: 11 February 2011
Comments to: jason.dupree@swosu.edu
URL http://okacrl.okstate.edu/minutes10.htm